To provide technical assistance and training to school personnel in the area of
special education with emphasis in low-incidence disabilities to increase student
Special Knowledge & Skills
- Master's Degree in Education or related field
- Certified in Special Education
- Supervisory, mid-management, or administrator certification and experience preferred
- Minimum of five years recent experience in field of special education.
- Experience in the field of low-incidence populations, including autism, medically-fragile, and severe cognitive disabilities.
- High degree of professionalism including strong public relations skills
- Ability to establish rapport and work in collaboration with public school and ESC personnel
- Presentation skills; ability to provide professional development to educators
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to use technology effectively
- Willingness to travel
Terms of Employment
- Provide technical assistance and training to LEA personnel in the education of students with disabilities including curriculum, instruction, methodology, modifications, and materials with emphasis on low-incidence disabilities.
- Provide technical assistance and training in model programs and strategies for students with autism.
- Actively participate and support assigned statewide networks and projects. (TSLAT & TCAN)
- Collaborate with Specialist for Visually Impaired in deaf-blind census.
- Develop and maintain current legal knowledge regarding target population.
- Participate in School Improvement Project.
- Assist in the development of grant applications and department budgets.
- Collaborate in intern training and assistance through Teacher Preparation and Certification Program (TCPC) project.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Pay will be commensurate with experience