To provide technical assistance and training to school personnel in the area of special education to improve student performance and program effectiveness for students with disabilities.
Degree in Education or related field.
in Special Education.
Minimum of five years’ recent experience in the
field of special education.
Special Knowledge or Skills:
- High degree of professionalism including strong public relations skills.
- Ability to establish rapport and work in collaboration with districts’ SPED leadership team, administrative personnel, district staff, TEA and ESC personnel.
- Presentation skills; ability to provide professional development to educators.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use technology effectively.
- Willingness to travel.
Major Responsibilities or Duties:
- Provide assistance and training to LEAs in the
education of students with disabilities so that these students have access to
the general education curriculum, least restrictive environment and making
- Provide training and technical assistance reflecting
evidence-based research, least restrictive environment, instructional
strategies, inclusive practices, differentiated instruction, state assessment,
national and state initiatives and district/regional needs.
- Provide technical assistance and training in model
programs and strategies, including standards-based IEPs, for students with
- Effectively collaborate with content area specialist
in delivery of curriculum and instructional training.
- Assist districts in locating resources necessary for
delivery of best practices for students with disabilities.
- Actively participate and support assigned statewide networks
and projects through attendance at meetings, and implementation and evaluation
of program plan.
- Develop and maintain current legal knowledge regarding
- Participate in School Improvement Project.
- Assist in the development of grant applications and
- Collaborate in providing training to the Teacher
Preparation and Certification Program (TCPC) project.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.