Job Goal: To manage the department operations including budget preparation,
managing expenditures, maintaining and encouraging of department staff and
maintaining a relationship with member schools.
Qualifications: • Bachelor's Degree in Business, MIS or Education
• Working knowledge of both TxEIS and PEIMS (in student and
• Strong technology background
Special Knowledge &
Skills: • Planning, organization and public relations skills.
• Working experience with public school’s data processing
programs and requirements.
• Working knowledge of school accounting, budgeting and
reporting procedures preferred.
• Have the ability to supervise people, communicate effectively
and work as a team member.
Major Responsibilities: • Oversee the daily operations of the support and training of
Region 6 school districts' student and financial data.
• Manage department staffing.
• Coordinate the flow of accounting and student data for the
• Coordinate the flow of all Region 6 PEIMS data.
• Prepare and manage the Computer Services department
• Travel as required to perform necessary duties.
• Participate in staff development activities as designated by
Region 6 Administration and Policy. • Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment:Pay will be commensurate with experience
Education Service Centers focus on the word in the middle: Service. Service to, and support of, educators in helping students succeed is at the heart of everything that we do. Every service we provide was developed at the request of schools and we pride ourselves on being responsive to the needs of educators and the communities that they serve.