To assist in providing Region-wide driver education programs to high school students to help them in becoming responsible, reduced risk drivers.
High School Diploma or equivalentCertification:
Driver Education Teaching Assistant or will train the right applicant
No experience required, prior teaching experience preferred
Based on experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- A high degree of professionalism with strong public relations skills
- Ability to establish rapport and work in collaboration with public school students and Administrators
- Good presentation skills, ability to communicate with students in stressful situations
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to use technology in the car and classroom
Responsibilities or Duties:
- Current knowledge of Texas traffic laws
- Teach in-car and simulation training to public school students in the high schools served by Region 6 ESC.
- Provide assistance in scheduling students, accurate record keeping and providing student records to the school and Region 6 ESC.
- Obtain six hours of staff development/continuing education yearly.
- Maintain mileage records and assist in maintaining driver education fleet vehicles
- Keep vehicles and other equipment clean and in good working order.
- Be willing to accept assignments other than the ones’ listed here.