CareerPortal is optimized to work on multiple platforms.
Desktop & Mobile
Sign up with CareerPortal today.
Search for Job Openings
Get Notified of Future Openings
Keep your profile up to date and we might contact YOU!
Recently Posted Jobs These are the latest 10 job postings at . Register and search for more.
Career Pathway Professional Development Specialist
Specialist Offices will be located in Wichita Falls, Corpus Christi or El Paso
Job Goal: To serve as a Career Pathway PD Specialist by providing professional development, compliance support, and technical assistance to Texas AEL Providers in order to develop effective, high-quality IET program offerings
• Bachelor’s Degree in AEL or Related Field
• Minimum of three years professional experience in the field of Adult Education and Literacy (AEL)
• Working knowledge and experience with design and delivery of Adult Education and Literacy Professional Development
• AEL teaching experience, developmental education, or career-technical education
Special Knowledge & Skills
• Experience must include development or training delivery
• High degree of professionalism including strong organizational, communication and public relations skills
• Ability to prepare and provide professional development to educators at all levels
• Knowledge of TWC AEL Career Pathways and models
• Ability to effectively work with diverse personalities
• Ability to work on multiple tasks effectively with minimal supervision
• Ability to utilize current technology platforms and software
• Respond to clients’ needs in a courteous and timely manner with current, accurate information
• Utilize distance learning technologies for meeting/technical assistance/trainings
• Follow all guidelines, policies, and procedures as outlined in the grant proposal
• Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships between the CPPDC and AEL providers
• Maintain all internal and external required program paperwork and program documentation and submit upon requested deadlines.
• Collaborate with staff of each Texas AEL PDC to coordinate program activities, trainings, technical assistance and program information dissemination
• Conduct required professional development and technical assistance activities as specified in grant guidelines
• Follow guidelines and reporting deadlines provided by TWC
• Provide training and support in Workforce Board Integration, program effectiveness and compliance
• Plan and facilitate networking meetings and disseminate information to update directors in a timely manner
• Work with the TWC staff to promote the statewide goals and objectives
• Serve as the CPPDC point of contact for the assigned region
• Attend all required TWC meetings and conferences
• Assist AEL program directors with development of local needs assessments, continuous improvement plans, and implementation of IETprograms
• Facilitate relationships between Workforce Development Boards and AEL providers
• Plan and conduct/facilitate professional development to meet the needs of AEL Providers
Signing up is easy. We only need a little information to get you started. Just click Register in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Registered users search our online database of available positions. Search results include detailed job descriptions and requirements.
If you find a position you want to apply for, great! But keep in mind, you can also submit a basic application, so we can contact you if a position matching your talents comes up.
Education Service Centers focus on the word in the middle: Service. Service to, and support of, educators in helping students succeed is at the heart of everything that we do. Every service we provide was developed at the request of schools and we pride ourselves on being responsive to the needs of educators and the communities that they serve.